Hennessey Performance has just rewrote the rulebook on how to make a super-fast SUV.
Their Jeep Cherokee SRT8 does 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds. That is supercar pace. That speed is the result of a twin-turbo system installed on the HEMI V8 engine, which is upped from 6.4 to 7.0 liter, and therefore makes 805 bhp and 823 lb-ft of torque.
Other changes include uprated gearbox, lowered suspension, light alloys, and Brembo brake discs. A caron fiber splitter and some interior tweaks are also provided. After all, it costs a whopping $235,000. You would expect some luxury, wouldn’t ya!
• 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
• HPE800 Twin Turbo Engine Upgrade
• Transmission Upgrade
• Torque Converter Upgrade
• HPE 20 inch Wheel Upgrade
• Custom Leather / Alcantara Interior Upgrade
• Brembo Brake System Upgrade
(6-piston calipers front and 4-piston calipers rear, 15.1 inch cross drilled rotors front and rear)
• Lowered Suspension System
• Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler • Serial Numbered Dash Plaque & Engine Compartment Plaque